“The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."
-Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
No one can prepare you for the feelings you have when you become a mother! I now have a better understanding of God's love for His children.
"In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." -1 John 4:9-11
There is nothing Langston will ever do to take away the love I have for him. For the rest of my life I will seek what is best for him, whether that comes as encouragement or discipline.
No doubt, I am still Blythe with my own thoughts, opinions, hobbies, and personality, but I am forever changed. I will live the rest of my life as a mother, and for that I will ever be grateful!

No comments:
Post a Comment