"For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them."
Psalm 139:13-16
Bro. Key went on to say how science is just catching up with God, how only within the last 20 years scientists have been referring to the womb as a web-like area that envelopes the growing baby.
After 8 weeks, Jeremy, Langston, my mother, nephew, and I got to see our sweet new addition growing within me....meet "Butterbean."
I've been so busy with school and our Texas vacation and VBS and a husband and a (now walking) toddler, that I really haven't had the chance to be excited about this new baby. I've been nauseous, extremely tired, moody, and have an ever expanding belly, so I understood that I was pregnant, but it hasn't carried the same excitement as with Langston....until today!
Today I saw my little "Butterbean" stilled curled up and growing within me. I saw the censor flare where the blood was pumping through the heart. And, the moment that I met with tears was when I heard the strong, healthy heartbeat.
Tonight, as I was still thinking about it, I do not understand those who knowingly and violently abort the soul living within them. Also, I pity those who cannot see God's handiwork. I will pray for their souls.
I was blessed to be able to experience pregnancy and give birth to a healthy baby the first time. Now, God has blessed me with a second pregnancy and I will continue to pray for another healthy child. But, the interesting thing is, even if this one is born with some sort of disability or disease, it doesn't matter as long as he/she is with me. I already love him/her. Looking forward to more sickness, an ever expanding belly, and feeling uncomfortable, because I understand that this phase is temporary and when I meet "Butterbean" it will not matter.

I am so excited about Butterbean! We love your precious, growing family!
ReplyDelete