Sunday, November 24, 2013

Momma says...

<p>Today my mom told me, "Don't waste your time in guilt. Its a trick of the Devil." </p>
<p>She was telling me that because I was feeling guilt for how much Langston has been sick over the past several months. I tend to compare myself to other mothers, which is another trick of Satan. What I have to realize is that kids get sick for all sorts of reasons, mainly because they are kids and they are slowly or quickly exposed to germs, and most germs are brand new to them!

I say all that to say, I come from a line of strong, wise women. My Granny B and GG have a wealth of knowledge and experience that they are so willing to share and most of the time it comes from out of nowhere. And I have aunts that show such love and kindness with their children and grandchildren.

Included in that line is the woman who has had the most influence on me, and now I call my best friend. My mother. Wise, tactful, kind, loving. Yes, I know she had to go through all these lessons too, but when you're the child, you don't know the mother is just figuring it all out. I always say this, but it's because I really believe it to be true, she has all the answers. The answers may not be what I want to hear, but she has them. She reads the Bible faithfully and her answers are founded in the Scripture. Her life experiences and striving for more education give her that much more!

I want to be like her when I grow up. I want to know what to say to my kids when they ask questions or feel guilty or want to know how to treat others or deal with a certain situation.

Its appropriate that her birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year because I may be more thankful for her and all that momma says than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment